New Operation. "The fall of Strasbourg"

Hey guys,

this operation ties in with my "Counterattack at Sarrebourg" operation. And as usuall, if you would like to try it out please email me and I will send it to you ASAP.

hguerrero@activision.com

Title: The fall of Strasbourg

Type: Assualt, Allied attack

Date: November 24, 1944

Weather: Clear

Length: 6 Battles: 20 turns each

On the 22nd of November, 1944, French and American forces advanced along the Saverne gap and enveloped Saverne itself, trapping the 553rd Volksgrenadier division and the Headquarters of the 89th Corps. General LeCleric, commander of the Free French 2nd Armored division, lost no time in exploiting his success and drove straight on the ancient city of Strasbourg. This action threatened to split the German Army group G right in two. Because of this, General Bayerlein, commander of the Panzerlehr division, was chosen to counterattack at Sarrebourg and direct his division toward the Saverne gap in hopes of cutting off the French 2nd Armored.

Meanwhile, on the famous "wine route" of northern Alsace, General LeCleric faced the newly arrived 256th Volksgrenadier division from Holland, some anti-aircraft units, and some scratch units under the command of the Strasbourg Commandant. On the morning of the 24th, the Free French began their drive on the beleaguered city, one of the most conquered and reconquered cities in all of Europe.

FYI:

you can now download the operation from the Admiral's

site.

Also, one of my other operations "Northeim" can now be downloaded there also. Here is a brief on that OP.

Title: Northeim

Type: Advance, Allied attack

Date: April 5, 1945

Weather: Clear

Length: 6 Battles: 20 turns each

As the 3rd Armored Division approached the Harz mountains it had become stretched out, as was typical of such operations. As it by-passed pockets of resistance, gaps would occur in the lines. Whenever this happened, the Germans would attempt to block the main roads again by infiltrating across the advancing columns, and setup strong defensive positions in the hopes of upsetting the Allied time and supply lines.

Combat Command Bravo (CCB) of the 3rd Armored Division, after a considerable firefight, had managed to build a bridgehead across the Weser river. They managed to make multiple crossings and advanced rapidly eastward towards Northeim.

It was on this strech between the Weser river and Northeim that the 3rd Armored Divisions' only Super T26 Pershing finally saw action. Some of the German units that had fallen back from CCB's bridgehead, managed to setup a few isolated strongpoints along CCB's route.