Tracers, If It Ain't Broke...

Figured I'd jump in here and make an opinionated declaration this morning. CMBB tracers are just right. They fit the overall look and feel of CMBB, and provide an added measure of uncertainty. As opposed to the bright single line tracers in CMBO which provide a dead certain means of identifying a unit's firing position, CMBB employs more stealth and uncertainty to it's environment. Much harder to identify where enemy fire is originating and thus assists in cutting down on the Godview from behind the keyboard. So there!

Okay. No gripe with that. But one thing I'm not happy about is that I can't visually track cannon shells most of the time the way I could in BO. Heck, I used to dig watching my mortar shells going up. And I could see most shells of all kinds coming down. It really wasn't important to gameplay, and this way may be more realistic in a way, but it isn't as much fun. Something that does impact a bit on gameplay is that most of the time I can't track flat trajectory cannon fire either. This is not necessarily more realistic as often times those carried a tracer in their bases to make tracking them possible.

Michael

[ October 05, 2002, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

One very nice change is that it is more of a flash in CMBB, as opposed to the little shockwave burst that guns gave in CMBO. I think it is also much more realistic. Mortars I've been able to see firing from behind them, I can see the shells go up. I never could trace a mortar in CMBO, always listened for the firing noise. Which seems to be less in CMBB.

[ October 05, 2002, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]