Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Reinforcements

KiwiGrunt

Never place a reinforcement flag that is associated with a vehicle in trees.If a vehicle is involved make sure the marker is on the road with spare room on both sides if more than one vehicle is involved..the AI will not line up the vehicles..I have seen scenarios like this.Where a Vehicle is lost in a forest and there is no way out..

------------------

"If Patton were alive today,he'd play Combat Mission."

Do you mean how do you move your vehicle if it is in woods..?..If there is no way to move your vehicle it will remain stuck..If your marker is surrounded by Pine Trees and there is no open ground to squeeze thru you are stuck.If you are creating a scenario, the computer or AI always places the reinforcements on or very near the marker..The AI has problems moving vehicles that are on roads surrounded by thick woods..Especially if they are far from the action.So make sure there is ample room for your reinforcement vehicles to move and make sure they are not too far away from the front..After your scenario is over click on MAP and scan your board.Make sure all the units that the AI controlled have moved forward.If they are still in the back(eating cheese and drinking wine),then they are probably too far away.Move the reinforcement marker up.Also do not have a reinforcemnt marker pop up right in the middle of a battle..I saw that in Veghel Town,(A fun scenario)..A German Tank popped up right in the middle of Allied forces..Like it was teleported..

I am no expert,I have only made 3 so far,but with a little practice you will get the hang of it..Also asking people to play test it first is a good idea,you may not like everything you hear but it will be a learning experience..

------------------

"If Patton were alive today,he'd play Combat Mission."

I have had this happen with some of the supplied scenarios as well.....

One Long Cold Day placed a vehicle smack in the middle of an area surrounded by Woods....

Not a lot you can do about it. That Vehicles are there for the duration of the battle... At least it shouldn't end up as a casualty. wink.gif