Final version of my Scenario Icon Mods

My Scenario Icon bars now come in three variants.

German Crosses uses the simplest badges for the icons to please people like Eden Smallwood.

Iron Crosses uses an (uncensored) Iron Cross 2nd class for the German infantry for that certain film look.

The Grog Scenario icons uses an actual badge for all the different German and Russian troop types, such as the Infantry Assault badge for German infantry . For those people that just know that the anti-partisan badge is a dagger with snakes at its feet in a circle of oak leaves, just from looking at a strange grey blob!

All in glorious 20 x 20 pixels!

All have been updated in some form – so you need to update!

Von Lucke has also done an update of his scenario icon bar.

I also have matching hidden icons for Balkankreuz, hi-res Iron Crosses from Juju and properly mirrored Red Stars in cloth and metal cap badges styles. I also cover all the mods that will get your CDV version as clos as possible to the US version and beyond!

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/8461/mod.html

Strangely enough as far as I can tell my site has been up all this afternoon. tongue.gif

I am sure the CM mod database is very good sight but who owns it? My site makes its agenda very clear and would that message or some of my files get across – such as the Finish armour.

I forgot to thank Murr39 for giving me the idea of using the anti-partisan badge.

Anybody got any idea what Security troops represent exactly - SD, Military Police, Foreign second line units?

Up ??

This afternoon (CET)it was down, now 21:05 I retry and :

"

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/8461/mod.html

"

bwaaahh tongue.gif

Yep, the Finns have found my website – it pays to advertise!

Somebody could put a nice message about the mods – particularly the ones that were not done by me or voice some agreement as to my cause - - and obviously nobody would want to download things off the site if they didn't.

A future patch could make most of my CMBB downloads redundant – and that won’t happen unless a fuss is made. If Battlefront thought they could make an extra customer by correcting the crap in the CDV version – they would do it an instant and quote free speech in America to any legal crap coming from Germany.

Nice work Mark. I don't think anybody could improve on this mod. Was glad to help with the Anti Partisan badge ( glad it came out so well ).

Security troops were usually those not qualified to be posted to active frontline service. Examples would be men in their mid to late 40's, men with ongoing health problems ( ie. ulcers ). A good example of a second line unit would be the Orpo ( Ordnungspolizei - Order Police ) battalions which saw service in the East. They were used to hunt partisans & were also heavily involved in the Final Solution - they committed many massacres.

Security troops could also be composed of any Wehrmact/Waffen SS/Luftwaffe troops who happened to be in the area at the time when partisans were

active.

The Anti-Partisan Badge was instituted on Jan.30th 1944 by Himmler. It came in 3 grades - Gold - 150 days active service, Silver - 50 days active service, & Bronze 20 days active service. Many men who were awarded this badge quickly disposed of it when captured because wearing it could very easily get one branded as a war criminal & liable for summary execution. Many massacres of innocent civilians took place under the cover of anti-partisan operations.

Rob Murray aka Murr39