Thoughts on CMBB info display panels

(Going from left ot right across the screen).

The Attack/Defend graphics are a good idea, as it tells you exactly which side is doing what, and the Morale & Victory percentages are the same as before. The terrain picture (green grass and blue sky) seems unnecessary. Turns and date are shown, with the new addition of time of day.

Briefing button is excellent, as are ceasefire and surrender (no longer consigned to existing as key strokes). The graphic of Eastern Europe is not needed. Navigation buttons separated from the Go! button is a good thing.

Unit information is spread across 5 columns of data. Personally I would axe the terrain graphic and the pictures of infantry weapons, and just have 3 columns of data. The infantry weapon graphics could easily exist in the unit pop-up menu. (Any player wanting to know the firepower of a unit will bring up the pop-up menu in any case).

The icon graphics on the orders menu are improved. For clarity, I would remove the fuzzy grey background, and have a flat shade of black.

Some of text is harder to read because it is CAPS and the font is not as nice as in CMBO. I'm not saying I need a magnifying glass, but it does take an extra second or half-second to read various information due to the combination of fuzzy background and capital lettered text.

Another minor niggle is identifying the commanding tank of a platoon. I suggest that the red command line be slightly gold at the point where it leaves the commanding tank.

The last wish is that there be a "Back" button to complement the existing "Continue" button on the briefing/force selection screens.