Infantry Behavior: The AI and Movement to Contact, a suggestion to Battlefront

From what I've observed the AI infantry doesnt seem to use the move to contact order. If I'm wrong please correct me. Here's an idea which may help improve the unrealistic and poor performance of attacking AI infantry:

The non defending Strat AI seems to give repeated move/fast/advance commands to its infantry towards the VL's despite incoming fire, resulting in unessessary casulties and not enough return fire. In most cases, except all out assualt, infantry battles in reality are firefights - ie they seek to win by the gun not the bayonet. Ok you cant change the Strat AI's continual orders forward, but surly Move To Contact could replace the move/fast commands it gives.

What would be the result you ask. I've solo played some hotseat games and used repeated MTC orders for infantry advanceing towards a VL thus simulating a Strat AI giving MTC orders: The AI inf MTC's towards a VL blocked by your force. Your side opens fire and the AI's side stops immeadiatly and returns fire, the suppressed squads going for cover. Next move the Strat AI renew's it forward orders - those squads still in contact with your side on reciving a fresh MTC order carry on returning fire while those squads out of contact MTC forward until they see/come under fire - stop and return fire. As the moves progress an intense firefight develops and as more of your squads become supressed and drop out the AI's sight the more the AI squads on MTC will advance. In other words the advancing AI inf seeks to outshoot the enemy and take advantage of the fleeting opportunities presented by your suppression to manover closer by degrees.

Now is this not how infantry realistically engage? Did infantry in WW2 (execpting all out assualts) continually try to rush into incoming fire? As an AI opponant would the cautious behavior of an AI inf that fires back more than it moves not be a greater challenge to you the player? If the attacking AI's move/fast orders could be replaced with MTC then you could no longer rely on simply finding a good defensive position and letting the enemy come on in the same old way and you beating them in the same old way.

Is it practical to tweak the otherwise unaltered Strat AI to replace its fast/move commands with MTC?