-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Just finished a playing of Cemetary Hill and having read a few other posts I see that I didn't do too bad pulling off a draw. In fact I thought I was in a position to win, with 5 squads closing on the church on turn 20. Strangely the AI then decided that both sides had accepted a ceasefire! I must have hit the hotkey combination by accident!?!?!? My global morale was on 65% at the time and that of the Russians about 50%.

Anyway, to the case in point, when I encountered the wooden bunker flanking any approach on the church I immediately advanced the halftrack (carrying a flamethrower) to a position behind the bunker. Having see that there was noone behind I ordered the flamer to disembark. I couldn't give a target order but assumed he would target automatically.

Unfortunately this didn't happen and I had to wait another turn to manually target it. At the same time I had given the halftrack orders to move back to the action. What happened next was bizarre! After the flamers second "shot" the bunker erupted in a huge explosion not only taking the halftrack with it but brewing it up too! Remanents of Mr flamer ran off the map. All in all I was less than impressed ;)

I suppose exploding bunkers is not THAT unusual under the circumstances only I never saw it in CMBO. Is it now likely to happen? Perhaps cost me the win!

John

[ October 12, 2002, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: John O'Reilly ]

Originally posted by John O'Reilly:

[QB]**SPOILERS**

Maybe you should edit your post to say "Cemetery Spoilers"?

I don't know any Bunker-Chem, but I also had a weird cease-fire today- I played a QB which said, "Both sides ceasefire; you have Total Victory"... and it was 98% to 2% VP!! Does kinda seem strange; I certainly had no morale problems!

Eden

Check your ammo. The manual(also known as the CD wrapper) states that once one side is low on ammo it auto-generates a cease-fire request for that side. If both sides run low ... it's over rover.

The amount of ammo needed to cause this to happen is dependant on what kind of battle you are fighting.

You can't just shoot it all up anymore.