Goofed with Gemunden...

Gemunden has now been updated to version 3 on Manx's site. Hope you enjoy, please don't hesitate to let me know what you think.

[ 05-23-2001: Message edited by: jgdpzr ]

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: jgdpzr ]

I played this one (v.3) a couple of times.

SPOILER AHEAD

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

It was quite enjoyable, though I'll admit that getting the Allies across the bridge in one piece was pretty frustrating! Still challenging, to say the least.

Anybody have some tips playing as the US on this scenario?

thanks!

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: furryshark ]

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: furryshark ]

SPOILER BELOW

As the US, your artillery is key. Both smoke and HE are critical in dealing with the Hetzers and ATGs.

My most successful playthrough involved isolating the Hetzers on the German far right with smoke from the mortars (around the town to block los of any guns and the Hetzers on the German left), brought down 105 on them. While they were being pounded, I brought up the Shermans from defilade positions on the US left while simultaneously bringing the Hellcats through the roads on the US side of the town to maximize their speed. I also sent the Stuarts racing around between buildings to distract the Hetzers. I was able to take out both Hetzers at the cost of 1 Sherman.

Then used the 105 to pound positions on the interior of the German side of the town. By this time, the ai had begun shifting the Hetzers on his left to counter the action on the other side. I caught both of them trying to cross through the town. From there, finished my 105 fire missions on the town, smoked the areas around the bridge, brought the HT infantry across to secure a bridgehead and ran enough infantry across to secure most of the village.

Now sure, I designed the battle so I knew the German positions. However, I purposely included fairly ample vehicles for quick recce, so I hope there is ample time to get the necessary intel to proceed methodically enough to get a decent victory. But at the same time, I wanted to make it a challenging scenario. Hope you enjoyed it.