Australian Crete Scenarios wanted

jrcar

On behalf of the Australian Army I'm looking for 2-5 historical scenario's featuring Australian troops in Crete.

I need at least one attack scenario.

The scenarios need to be playable from the Allied side.

They should feature forces at about the company level.

They need not be balanced (they should be historical).

They need to be aimed at novice players.

I may be able to supply some reference material.

Please reply here and/or to:

robert.carpenter@defence.gov.au

Cheers

Rob Carpenter

Australian Defence Simulation Office

I'm interested in trying to help you out, but I could definitely use some source material. I have a good idea of what went on in Crete and the general flow of the campaign, but I have no low level accounts of action, especially when limited to engagements concerning Australians.

Also, are should these scenarios be ideally suited for one player? You seem to imply so, but I would like to be very clear on that point.

May I suggest that you get together the basic material such as maps, OOB's, etc and then ask for assistance in putting the scenarios together? Most of that sort of specific detail is not readily available to private persons and it would help to ensure that the scenarios are historically accurate.

I'd like to be involved at some level, I've read a lot of Aussie and related WW2 material, but can't do the tech stuff. So I'm not sure what I could do.