Display not working

Originally posted by Seahawk56:

it says when i open it up this game requiers minimum 800x600 video display, then when i click it it brings me back to my desktop, what does this mean?

O'k, let's start over. What OS are you running, Windows?...95,98...

I think I see that your running a GeForce2 Ti something, can you be more specific?

With the resolution issue, which resolution are you running, sounds like your running to low.

KC

Originally posted by Seahawk56:

win2kpro, i dont know how to set resolution higher how do i? its at 680x400 i think i cant rember because know since i installed 38 drivers for my graphics card and now none of my games work

To set your resolution:

Go to desktop

RIGHT click on screen

click on properties

Click on settings

(lower right corner), see slider, depending upon your monitor, increase resolution to minimum 800x600, click apply!

Luck, and let me know

KC

My e-mail if you need futher help; roadking@accesswave.ca

Seahawk,

To change display in game you need to go to your CMBB folder (default is C:\Program Files\CMBB) and delete a little file called Combat Mission BB Prefs. The it will go thru the reset graphics resolution thing you should now be familiar with.

WWB

Something is keeping your card from properly identifying itself to DirectX and DirectDraw.

You will need to first reinstall DirectX via Microsofts website here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/drx81.asp

Next you should go ahead and uninstall and then reinstall your 30.82 Nvidia drivers.

Uninstalling drivers is a little tricky if you have never done it before but it is the BEST way to help fix issues like this. Normally instructions on how to do this come with the new drivers themseleves.

Madmatt

My data drive crashed and after I replaced it I reinstalled CMBO. Now I have the same problem. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers for a GForce2 graphics card, and the latest direct X, and my resolution is at 1024x768 (and/or higher) but upon starting CMBO, DirectX/DirectDraw "clicks" the monitor many times looking for higher resolution then finally settles at 800x600. Further, during game play will lose screen into colored blur. Alternatively, I'll crash and get a Ddhelp.exe crash error message.

There's something wacky between the NVIDIA drivers and DirectX 8.1 that, for me, is only set-off by CMBO (my favorite app, of course).

Both of you do the following:

Uninstall the drivers (if you have not already done so). Best method is to switch to "Standard VGA Display"

Install DirectX8.1 from microsoft.

Install 30.82 nVidia drivers downloaded from nVidia.

If you are reinstalling on Windows 2000, it will likely pick up your old drivers automatically. Therefore one is better off unzipping the nVidia driver package, but not installing it, then telling the install wizard to look at that location when that option appears.

WWB