This is driving me nuts...

I applied Windows 2000 SP3 yesterday (to correct an error that led to IL-2 ForgottenBattles crashing) and next time I load CMBB, I can't ready any text anymore. All text consists of white or blue blocks.

Okay, I followed the advice posted here about WinXP, and it worked. I tried the newest Nvidia Drivers (they didn't work), and I'm now back at the 30.82's. Deleted the pref. file, etc.

I STILL have to alt-tab out everytime a screen changes in CMBB. The screen simple doesn't update without alt-tab. And Quincunx Anti-Aliasing doesn't simple smoothen the edges in game, it washes everthing out. 4x FSAA is cristal sharp and corrects all the screen bugs - but can't leave that as standard setting because it brings other, newer game to it's knees.

Honestly, CMBB is a damned good game. But it is the only one to give me such a lot of work. I said once already, FS2002 is the only other game I know off that has such a bug with overlays over 3d.

I know that these are supposed to be nVidia driver problems etc...etc...etc...but really, it's not a solution as is now.

As it stands, I'm barely on the edge to have it running now. Applying the nvidia refresh rate fix, which has totally nothing to do with 3d itself, already brings me back to the old problems with blocky text. I almost dont dare to touch any 3d settings at all unless I want to risk CMBB going bonkers again. This is not a way to run a game.

Of course, extra standing ovations go to Micro****e, who constantly manage to screw stuff up with their so called "service packs".