How to do a Full Install from the retail CD

CMBO has only one install option; it installs all of the game files. But it also requires that the CD be in the drive when you start to play the game.

I understand your desire to protect your original CD. Although I don't have the Special Edition (which, I assume is the CDV version), I have played CMBO for almost 3 years and am still using my original CD. I have dropped it several times, but it still works okay.

You may be able to make a archival backup CD though, but I can't be certain since it depends upon the licence that comes with the game, the CD creation software you have, and the copy protection scheme used on your CD, and I am not familiar with any of these. You may also be able to use a 'virtual drive' on your laptop, but again this depends upon all the factors above. I encourage you to not do anything illegal in this regard.

Personally, it is more important to me to back up my CMBO BMP and Wav folders, since all the customizations go in there, and since it took me some time to get these all just the way I like them.