Map tweaking resources

I think this has come up before but I have been unable to find where.

Does anyone know whether there exists a way of changing the orientation of a map?

We have a great QB map for Italy, with N/S friendly edges, and would like to be able to use the map in a North Africa QB, which requires E/W friendly edges. :(

I understand that Pyewacket's converter does not do this. Is there anything out there that does?

Thanks very much.

Grim

My understanding is that as a QB the friendly edges are automatically E/W for a North African battle. You can do what you like in the editor, but they still run away E/W.

This means routed troops run sideways instead of away if your map happens to be N/S.

Run-away problems are a 'feature' of several otherwise excellent scenarios including Highlanders in Hell, St Edouard's and St Nazaire. Whether these could be fixed in the editor I don't know, but it's certainly no good for QB maps.

Yes, mrpwase, that's exactly what happens.

The problem is how do you get around it if your map happens to be N/S and your theatre is Africa or Eastern Europe?

Pyewacket's map converter can flip maps vertically or horizontally, but a 90 degree turn is harder because you have a lot of oriented tiles that need to be swapped as well as the columns for rows switch.

I might have a go at it, but I thought there might be someone out there who could save me some hair-pulling.