Combat Mission Special Edition Retail

Okay, so I bought CM:BB first...I liked it. I played it, I will continue to play it. So I decided what the heck when I saw CM:BO in the stores as a special edition I'd heard about. But I'm told by something that because its the CDV version its buggy? Whats buggy? It works fine, I didn't know there were two versions. Help explain this to me please?

Now I could be wrong about some of this, but if my memory serves me:

Originally posted by PoppinHobbit:

But I'm told by something that because its the CDV version its buggy?

Well there is no CDV version per se. CDV is a distributor. So it isnt really accurate to call it a CDV version - since CDV sells the other versions besides CMBO:SE in Europe.

It works fine, I didn't know there were two versions. Help explain this to me please?
I think you are correct in assuming it works fine. The CMBO:SE version is version 1.12 with a few graphic bonuses and extra scenarios. 1.12 works fantastic for me - in fact I have only heard of one minor bug (the control panel on bottom is all black sometimes).

I bought the CDV version just for the included mods and the added scenarios. Before buying the CDV version I was playing my original Battlefront online purchased game.............well I can't see a difference in gameplay and no bugs.

CDV just gave you the original game with about 100 hours of downloadable mods!( a great deal if you are using dialup!).

Okay then, I got what I figured. I wanted it out of stores heck yea. I never owned CM:BO and I didn't want to pay 7 dollars shipping while having to download tons of stuff on top of that. I have cable...but who wants to go downloading all that stuff? Now I own both games and can be happy! Who's up for a game? Manual..pft! :D