Using mortars beyond line of sight?

Just started with CMAK and am playing the tutorial. I am trying to fire smoke over a ridge with my mortar but it won't let me target anything past the LOS. Is this just the way it is? I have snuck a HQ unit to the top of the ridge because I thought that if that unit could see, I could then target the area but no dice. I realize that accuracy would be limited but it would be great to launch some smoke "blindly" over the ridge to provide some cover.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any input!

Scooby!

Originally posted by Scooby2003:

Just started with CMAK and am playing the tutorial. I am trying to fire smoke over a ridge with my mortar but it won't let me target anything past the LOS. Is this just the way it is? I have snuck a HQ unit to the top of the ridge because I thought that if that unit could see, I could then target the area but no dice. I realize that accuracy would be limited but it would be great to launch some smoke "blindly" over the ridge to provide some cover.

Any ideas?

The mortar has to be within the command radius of that HQ and no other. If you can manage that, the mortar will actually fire pretty accurately.

Michael

Hmm....thanks for the info but still am having some difficulty.

Here is a screenshot of my problem.

The mortar doesnt have line of sight yet the HQ does. I am trying to drop smoke where the HQ los is and it wont stick. Guess I am doing something wrong....

smoke.JPG

Thanks for any additional help.