Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mac with a Geforce2 MX card: Graphics problems

Hi there,

I own a 733 Mac G4 running OS9.2 with a geforce2 MX video card. I've downloaded the CMBO and CMBB demos but i've run into a few problems. CMBO works fine, except for the fact there is no sky, just blackness. CMBB runs fine until you start the game proper; then the 3D graphics go psychadelic. I just wondered if anyone knows of any new updates, drivers etc that I could download which could solve this problem? Or perhaps it's the way my machine's set up? Geforce2 MX users, help me please, since I'm very impressed by the CMBO demo and I am keen to buy the CMBO/CMBB bundle pack.

cheers

Jacob :confused:

[ July 17, 2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Batou ]

Originally posted by Jarmo:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003244

Lots of talk about psychedelic graphics in this (ongoing) thread.

Dont remember any psychedelia with GF cards though..

In the CMBB demo it's not exactly like the psychedelia as seen in some screenshots in the forum thread (i.e. all the surfaces are bright colours but otherwise recognisable). The game screen is just a unintelligable mess (apart from the 2D elements).

It's weird that this happens on the CMBB demo and not the CMBO one (although I'm still missing the sky in CMBO) .

Anymore thoughts?

:(

A P3-866 is a Pentium processor. I dont think the guy above realized you were running a Mac.

Both problems you describe our due to the video extensions you have installed that are improperly reporting the amount of VRAM available.

You *may* be able to resolve this by installing different (newer?) extensions for you video card.

Be advised though that MX cards are nortiously poor performers and they are actually based on the previous generation of cards than what they are called. What that means is that (essentially) a GF2 MX is really a GeForce 1 card and a GeForce 3 MX is really a GeForce 2.

Madmatt

[ July 17, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]