Why I haven't posted in awhile

It's because I've actually been playing the game.

Here's what working for me. (So far)

I've set the resolution for 640x480.

I've turned ambient sound off.

I've disabled 3D on my sound card secondary buffer. (I'm not a techie it's just an option I happened to check in the AW724 sound card tools)

I've turned weather off.

It sucks not having the ambience of the fog but aparently it was the fog that was doing it.

Actually I'm not positive that was entirely it since I've had lock-ups in scenarios without fog but that was before I started "tweaking". So far I've only played tiny or small scenarios. I've loaded up a huge scenarion and it seemed to run fine. Right now I'm afraid to change anything since it seems to be working but eventually I'll at least try 800x600.

Some other things I am/was considering:

Changing the location of my sound card to another PCI slot

Actually going through all the WAV files and making them 22Hz instead of 44Hz. (At least I think that's possible.)

Right now I'm not going to do anything except play the game. :)

I just wanted y'all to know that apparently it is possible to get CM to work on at least some of those systems having problems and that it looks like fog might be a likely culprit for some lock-ups.

Good Luck,

Cardinal Fang

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!