Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Help! Nividia won't recognize LCD monitor for WinXP

Lawyer

I have a G3 Ti500 running the latest Nvidia 30.82 certified drivers. I just bought a Dell 1800FP LCD monitor, but I can't get the Nvidia driver control panel to load WinXP on my new Dell 1800FP. The Dell monitor displays the boot process fine, but then goes dark when WinXP loads. Everything worked fine with my previous Sony G400 analog monitor.

I installed the Dell 1800FP digital and analog .inf files okay, and the Nvidia control panel recognizes the 1800FP as a digital monitor with appropriate resolution and refresh settings. So it seems to know the 1800FP LCD monitor is hooked up. Of course, I have to check all these settings while the Sony is hooked up because I can't run WinXP on the Dell monitor.

I found the "display section" tab in the Nvidia control panel that is supposed to allow selection of analog or digital monitors for the purpose of loading Windows. Analog is currently checked, but the digital monitor button is grayed out, so I can't select it. I clicked on the button to "detect monitors", but it still won't let me select the digital monitor for loading WinXP.

Can anybody tell me how to fix this? To me, it seems that I can't use the Dell 1800FP until I can change this Nvidia button to use the digital monitor for loading Windows.

Thanks for any help.

Well, here is 2 cents worth that probably won't help much. I have XP with a Geforce 4 Ti4600 and a NEC 19" LCD display.

Does your Geforce 3 have both digital and analog output? I would try the LCD with both outputs if it does. I would also double check in "display" to make sure a multi-monitor setup is not present. I initially had my CRT monitor connected to the analog and the LCD to the digital and had all kinds of strange problems.

Finally, since you are using the Nvidea control panel you might want to see what shows up in the default right click Display Properties > Settings > Advanced, if you haven't already.

Hopefully someone with more vid card experience will come along.