CMx2 Relative spotting - relative victory conditions ?

Tero

Has this issue been covered already ?

Now that we get relative spotting how will that affect the victory conditions ?

So far the combat missions themselves have been simple and straight forwards. What I would like to see is more variation in the missions beyond the simple capture the flag.

The defenders could have missions like hold at all costs, delay and so on and the attackers bypass and tie up (pin down).

look for the long threads that Steve contributed to. IIRC, the 'PBEM thread' (see link in Andreas' thread) has a discussion of several ideas in the final few pages.

Edit: my bad. Nothing in that thread - try here, for a discussion on "Opportunity Cost VPs" that goes through, on-and-off, to the end of that thread. Other ideas come up, including assets being yanked, and how that might be handled VP-wise.

But, you were involved in that thread anyway :confused: Had you been on a 6-o'clock closing bender before the bottlestore workers go on strike?

[ February 28, 2005, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by JonS:

Edit: my bad. Nothing in that thread - try here, for a discussion on "Opportunity Cost VPs" that goes through, on-and-off, to the end of that thread. Other ideas come up, including assets being yanked, and how that might be handled VP-wise.

But, you were involved in that thread anyway :confused:

Yes. smile.gif

Opportunity costs were indeed covered but there seems to have been no official follow up on them or other force mission related victory conditions.

I'm just fishing. :D

Had you been on a 6-o'clock closing bender before the bottlestore workers go on strike?

Nah. Nappy patrol, early morning feeding frenzy, work, early evening story times with the lads and late night story times with the mrs. smile.gif

And the prospect of the state monopoly strike over here will have little or no effect on my activities. ;)

Originally posted by Tero:

Opportunity costs were indeed covered but there seems to have been no official follow up on them or other force mission related victory conditions.

Well, Steve did comment postively on at least the OC side of things.

I'm just fishing. :D
Lol - hope I didn't spook them for you ;)

Nah. Nappy patrol, early morning feeding frenzy, work, early evening story times with the lads and late night story times with the mrs. smile.gif
Yes - I have dim recollections of that thing called 'sleep' too.