Disappearing Squads in A Walk In The Sun

Tim A

I thought I noticed a squad disappearing in the scenario A Walk In The Sun so I tried loading it up a number of times and also asked a friend to see if he noticed the same thing.

What we have noticed is that about 90% of the time one of the Rifle 43 Squads disappears usually during the setup phase or during turn one or two. The squad in question seems to usually be from the 1st Platoon on the south side of the road leading straight east to the target building.

My friend thought that he had a squad missing once from 2nd platoon. But I have verified it to happen pretty consistently with a squad as described above.

Scenario is played single player allied with all the default scenario settings.

The concern is that this might be happening in any number of scenario's without one actually noticing. Given so few units in this scenario it is easy to spot but with any more units one would likely not notice it especially if it happens on turn 1 or turn 2 or even perhaps before the setup phase.

Max, I think you are correct.

I just reloaded the scenario and indeed the units south of the road are 2 teams and when placed near one another during setup become a single squad.

Is it normal behavior however for the teams to automatically join each other during a game turn if they are close to each other?

So this doesn't seem to be a bug at all.

Originally posted by Tim A:

Max, I think you are correct.

I just reloaded the scenario and indeed the units south of the road are 2 teams and when placed near one another during setup become a single squad.

Is it normal behavior however for the teams to automatically join each other during a game turn if they are close to each other?

So this doesn't seem to be a bug at all.

No bug, that behaviour is normal and healthy. smile.gif