Armoured Infantry in Quick Battles

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

A lot of game players I've run into over the years are ego-driven assholes I can barely stand to share a planet with, let alone an enclosed room. While playing PBEM would obviate the enclosed room part, I would still be interacting with them in a more intimate way than I find at all desireable.

I hope this clarifies things.

Michael

So...what do you really think about these sort of people?

smile.gif </font>

Michael Emrys,

I played all the Squad Leader games back then too (Cross of Iron, Crescendo of Doom, etc.) and know where you are coming from. When I played the first CMBO demo my immediate thought was, "Wow, this is just like Squad Leader!" Happy days!

Like you I have only ever played CM against the AI. I may give the e-mail game a go though - if only to see why the other posters rave about it so much. I think I am just put off by how much time it would take to play a mission at the rate of say 1 or 2 e-mails a day.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments and sorry if you ended up in a fight not of your choosing.