Free Combat Mission fan site hosting!

Aside from this speed issue, how is it "not up to the standards of execllence"?
Dont tell me that your going to take what i said and turn it around on me.I didnt know that you all,

....have been around that block before, and it was not pretty.
There is nothing wrong with the current site,as is,but something can always be made better.And frankly,i was just trying to give you guys your "just dessert"(or however you say it),for giving us such great sceanarios and operations over the past years.

Sorry for having a "good" idea,and for trying to "help".Wont happen again!

I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I do thank you for the nomination (see preceeding post), and I was not quite being snide. Unfortunatly, I was writing well before morning coffee so I probably came off a bit on the harsh side.

Regarding the "having been around this block" statement, remember Boots & Tracks was once at militarygameronline.com. We are no longer there for a reason--controlling our own destiny became a necessity.

Also, I just spent 70+ hours retooling the site. It was essentially a ground up redesign using many cutting-edge techniques. So to hearing it is not quite up to "professional" standards is a bit rough to hear. I am quite open to criticism, I have even openly solicited critiques on the matter. I understand quite well that any website is a work in progress.

So, if you think something needs work, feel free to point it out. But saying what needs fixing/tweaking/updating is pretty necessary to fix/tweak/update anything. I don't think making a third URL move in as many years to a different platform will help anything at all.

WWB

Originally posted by WWB:

I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I do thank you for the nomination (see preceeding post), and I was not quite being snide. Unfortunatly, I was writing well before morning coffee so I probably came off a bit on the harsh side.

Regarding the "having been around this block" statement, remember Boots & Tracks was once at militarygameronline.com. We are no longer there for a reason--controlling our own destiny became a necessity.

Also, I just spent 70+ hours retooling the site. It was essentially a ground up redesign using many cutting-edge techniques. So to hearing it is not quite up to "professional" standards is a bit rough to hear. I am quite open to criticism, I have even openly solicited critiques on the matter. I understand quite well that any website is a work in progress.

So, if you think something needs work, feel free to point it out. But saying what needs fixing/tweaking/updating is pretty necessary to fix/tweak/update anything. I don't think making a third URL move in as many years to a different platform will help anything at all.

WWB

No worries smile.gif

All that i have said was with the best intentions in mind.It seems my terminal condition of "not being on speaking terms" with the written word,has got the best of me again.

Sorry for the confusion.Wishing you guys the best of luck in your future endeavors,and continued success with your awesome scenarios and operations.

Are you guys still looking for playtesters?

Ok, I think we got everything cleared up. We are not really seeking new playtesters at this time, though if you know any team members they will usually playtest things with folks.

And, just a little teaser, I think I am about to eat a few of my above words, in some way.

WWB