CMMOS and CMAK need feedback on the rulesets

MikeT

Been thinking and working and the groundwork for CMMOS/CMAK.

I have noticed several comments on the number of rulesets. I was able to get some lists of what vehicles and uniforms are in the game and my need to factor in sufficient room has lead me to some ideas on the rulesets.

I have two proposals and would like feedback before I start on them. Neither will create any problem to create this is just a layout concern.

Idea 1:

RuleSet001_Brit_CW_Africa

RuleSet002_Brit_CW_Italy

RuleSet003_US_Army

RuleSet004_German_Vehicles_Africa

RuleSet005_German_Vehicles_Italy

RuleSet006_Italian_Vehicles

RuleSet010_Winter_Vehicles_British_US_Army

RuleSet020_Winter_Vehicles_Germany_Italy

RuleSet200_Brit_Uniforms

RuleSet201_Commonwealth_Uniforms

RuleSet205_US_Army_Uniforms

RuleSet210_German_Uniforms

RuleSet215_Italian_Uniforms

RuleSet300_Buildings

RuleSet301_Road_and_Track

RuleSet350 Sand and Rocks-Africa

RuleSet352_Rocks_and_Sand_Italy_Crete

RuleSet355_Winter_Alpine

RuleSet599_Do_It_Yourself

Pretty straightforward and seems a natural extension from the way Gordon did CMBB.

There large number of British vehicles and uniforms, very few Italians. The Americans are not that much of a problem, the Germans (compared to Russia) seem less numerous than the Brits.

The references to "Sand and Rocks" and "Rocks and Sand" is from the 1980s movie "The Big Red One". They are the descriptions of Africa and Scily by the main character in the movie.

Now another idea for the rulesets is a bit different. Instead of having all the vehicles in a group then all the uniforms, I thought about having an Army in a group, vehicles and uniforms. I came up with this:

RuleSet001_British_CW_Vehicles_Africa

RuleSet002_British_CW_Vehicles_Italy

RuleSet003_British_CW_Vehicles_Winter

RuleSet005_British_Uniforms

RuleSet006_Commonwealth_Uniforms

RuleSet010_US_Army_Vehicles

RuleSet013_US_Army_Vehicles_Winter

RuleSet015_US_Army_Uniforms

RuleSet020_German_Vehicles_Africa

RuleSet021_German_Vehicles_Italy

RuleSet023_German_Vehicles_Winter

RuleSet025_German_Uniforms

RuleSet030_Italian_Vehicles

RuleSet035_Italian_Uniforms

RuleSet300_Buildings

RuleSet301_Road_and_Track

RuleSet350 Sand and Rocks-Africa

RuleSet352_Rocks_and_Sand_Italy_Crete

RuleSet355_Winter_Alpine

RuleSet599_Do_It_Yourself

Terrain is the same between them. But noticed that if you want to change your British forces you "might" have all of them on one line in CMMOS. Less hunting around.

What do you think? Any comments, compaints, observations, anyone care?

MikeT

I am also leaning to the 2nd group. My second concern is about the number of rulesets. Some people didn't like the number in CMBB. But that was due to the massive number of vehicles in the game. CMAK doesn't seem that bad plus some vehicles use the same bmps, esp true for the Italians and Brits.

If you are a glutton for filelists then I can send you some initial numbers for say the Americans. All I need to know is what bmps are apart of the vehicle set and if you can do the filelists (I will provide a suggestion on the format) that would be great. I am going to start with the uniforms myself, got some help from AndrewTF there. Another game has expressed interest in the terrain. The more the better.

Thanks for the offering.

Now if others can help with a set group or nation again I can provide a list of starting bmps so it shouldn't be too time consuming.

MikeT