Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMMOS Update info

Great news, I finally got an installable version of the new CMMOS with support for CMAK. It even includes some changes to CMBB as far as filelists go, adding some new ones and fixing some mistakes.

So with luck by this weekend I will be posting the new version at the CM Mod Database along with the rulesets and some mods for CMAK. I will also start posting the revamp project for CMBO which includes all new rulesets and all new mods.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

Great news, I finally got an installable version of the new CMMOS with support for CMAK. It even includes some changes to CMBB as far as filelists go, adding some new ones and fixing some mistakes.

MikeT

Not meaning anything derogatory, or anything, but why would I want to bother with CMMOS instead of the CM Mod Manager?

The Mod Manager is great, but CMMOS just oozes quality. It's graphically appealing, and easy to use, but the most important thing in my eyes, it's brilliantly organised. The only problem with the Mod Manager is that when you start to get a lot of mods in there it gets more difficult to use. I'd like to see the best of both merged into one ideally.

beady, perfectly valid points and to be honest when the new manager arrived I was not going to do a CMMOS version for CMAK. Gordon did the work for CMMOS.exe however and I just decided to do the work for my own use since I like the look and CMMOS more.

But some gamers asked about CMMOS support for CMAK so I decided to give it a shot and with some serious help from Gurra in Sweden we got things worked up. Darknight is doing a special Army Group for the Desert Rats so British vehicles can be marked with the right unit markings if desired.

I even had some plans to France 1940 I just need a modder willing to work up early period Matildas and MkIVBs

Of course pick the manager you like best. Each program has its vices and virtues, I just feel CMMOS is better. Gordon did a great job.

MikeT