Up to Date AAR movies

Hi all,

Err .... First ever post, apologies for the length

I've had CMBB for a while and played a number of scenarios reasonably successfully against the AI.

(usually tactical victories).

I like to play Axis attack against the AI, as I find defence is too easy vs. the AI, and I know the German equipment better. My aim is to improve and then move onto PBEM games, at a level where I won't make a holy show of myself.

I regularly read the forums looking for tips, I've read some of the great debates, especially the Fionn vs. JasonC celebrity death match (I think it’s called Pillar’s tactics), even understood some of it. I’ve read AAR’s e.g. Sunken Lane, Fionn vs. Some Poor Sap that gets his faced smashed at CMHQ, another one where a member said TNT a lot – Master Goodale, I think (highly amusing) and a number of others.

And I know enough not to go anywhere near anything mentioning PENG.

I think I becoming a better player but my question is this: -

Is there anywhere where I can find up-to-date AAR movies that will help me as an attacker?

I am running version 1.03 CMBB and CMBO version 1.12E and every AAR movie I find, when I load the file, the game says my opponent needs to upgrade their version, because the movies are so old. Is there a site with AAR movies compatible with these newer versions? Or have I completely got it wrong about playing movies?

Reading AARs is instructive but I think I would benefit if I could actually see the events unfold.

Cheers in advance

Ed

P.S. I’ve searched the forum and I got hundred’s of returns as you can imagine. On a 56k connection I would struggle with time looking through them all.

welcome aboard ed. cmbb is a great game and i know you'll enjoy every minute of it! i too would love some up to date aars and movies for verstion 1.03 of cmbb. hopefully somebody will come along soon and give us some links to find them, though since 1.03 is so new, i doubt there's many out there yet. anyway, good hunting!

Thanks for the welcome.

Just for info, presently playing When Worlds Collide. Turn 10 – I think I’m doing alright.

Damn good scenario

Lou2000 – Thanks for that. I will read these AARs tomorrow in work, if the boss remains on the golf course where he has been encamped for a couple of weeks – happy days

Nice font, by the way.

Cheers

Ed