Talvisota

I thought perhaps this movie might be of interest for people playing CMBB:

Talvisota, or The Winter War, just a gem I stumbled upon the other day.

Maybe of extra interest for the Finnish people here that haven't seen it.

As my mother is from Finland (I am Swedish now) her father fought in this war. I still remember when he showed me a lot of medals he got from the war, when I was a kid.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000JPH0/002-1859801-5641655?vi=glance

This movie exist on DVD as well. Although I found the link above to contain some good user reviews about it.

[ January 17, 2003, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: hardcampa ]

In my opinion it is a very good film. It's not a perfect film but I think everyone should check it out.

I know that there are at least three versions of Talvisota:

- About 2 hours long

- About 3h 20 min long (movie theater version)

- Even longer TV-serie (most likely this isn't for sale anywhere)

That tv-serie is great, the movie theater version is also great but I haven't seen that 2 h version. I'm afraid that it is too short. I can't even imagine how they have been able to cut that film so much. That's why I think that everyone, who is interested about this film, should check that the version is that 3h 20 min long one.