Bug with Heights in Scenario Editor 1.3 ?

I don't know if it is only me, at least I would guess if it is a wide spread problem there might be more reports about it but I try anyhow just to make sure smile.gif

I tried to do a small map for me and a friend new to CM. I used the height tool, reduced the height from 7 to 5 and tried to plot a small river. Well the problem was the height number 5 didn't show up on the map. I was just drawing with the green grass background and had no way to figure out my river path.

Only fix was to press the + button to enlarge the map a bit and then press the - button to shrink it and all was showing up. But when I tried to edit the river after that the same effect took place.

I tried to reboot and see if it was an sideeffect of something else I use but it didn't changed it. I use a 2.8 Ghz P4 with Radeon 9700 and run at 1600x1200 resolution if that helps.

DirectX is 9.0a.

Anybody else seeing the same effect?

SteppenWolf

Yep. See the Tech support forum and my post of May 29. Two work-around fixes:

Alt-tab to desktop then back to editor.

Or:

1) Start CMBB

2) go into the editor;

3) load an existing scenario;

4) go to map and preview,

5) then begin editing your own scenario by selecting new battle/operation.