disputed flag discrepancy

I recently finished a match as the russians where at the end I had all the flags except for one. The last flag was held by the Germans. The problem is, I had a totally untouched (not even 1 ammo point spent) SMG platoon surrounding this "German" flag in appropriate, close proximity patches of trees surrounding it. In addition, I had a LMG literally right on the flag, totally rested, unused, and hidden.

My axis opponent had 1 panther in reasonable proximity to this disputed flag at the end.

So why the freck was the flag German at the end? I have played CMBB religiously since it came out, and I know this is non-normative at best. Does anyone know if tanks hold more influence over flags than infantry? I mean geez, this flag wasn't even disputed, it was German!

[ February 17, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Walpurgis Night ]

Originally posted by Walpurgis Night:

So why the freck was the flag German at the end? Does anyone know if tanks hold more influence over flags than infantry? I mean geez, this flag wasn't even disputed, it was German!

I dont know the technical answer to this,but ask yourself this;what would happen to the poor LMG if the panther knew it was there?IMHO,at best(in your favor)the flag should be disputed,however its kinnda like rock,paper,scissors.This game is very realistic,and a panther beats a LMG crew anyday.So i vote that a tank,vs. anything that doesnt have AT abilities,has much more influence.My 2 cents,hope this helps.

Originally posted by Ares_the_Great:

ask yourself this;what would happen to the poor LMG if the panther knew it was there?IMHO,at best(in your favor)the flag should be disputed,however its kinnda like rock,paper,scissors.This game is very realistic,and a panther beats a LMG crew anyday.

Yeah sure, except it is my understanding that that is not how the game works. This flag should have at least been disputed. And BTW, I had an entire squad of SMGS around the flag, in addition to the LMG.

[ February 17, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Walpurgis Night ]

Originally posted by Walpurgis Night:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ares_the_Great:

ask yourself this;what would happen to the poor LMG if the panther knew it was there?IMHO,at best(in your favor)the flag should be disputed,however its kinnda like rock,paper,scissors.This game is very realistic,and a panther beats a LMG crew anyday.

Yeah sure, except it is my understanding that that is not how the game works. This flag should have at least been disputed. And BTW, I had an entire squad of SMGS around the flag, in addition to the LMG. </font>

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

Your story does sound a bit unusual, especially if your SMG squads were close enough to the flag to influence it's control. I have had very similar situations in CMBB where one side had infantry near a flag, and the other an AFV, and the flag always ended up disputed. I don't know why in your case it ended up under German control.

I suppose if your SMG platoon was outside the magic 'control radius' of the flag (whatever that radius might be), so it was *just* the LMG team vs. the Panther as far as the flag control issue was concerned, the result might make sense. Hard to say.

Cheers,

YD