Which way did it go ?

Hi,I have a couple of questions that may be answer elsewhere but I haven't found, can anyone help !!

1) Does anyone know if in the area fire rules there is allowances made for "penatration fire", ie: if a line of different squads are coming down a road or such, and a machine gun has a direct line on all the squads, does the fire also hit squads behind (or in front) of the targetted squad as area fire.

2) Is there a chance of ricocet/shell brakeup doing damage to nearby units ?

3) Has anyone noticed a AP round missing the target but brewing up a vehicle behind it ( I think this has happened in a game I was playing, and is what raised these questions.

Thanks to All at Battlefront for allowing me to finally put Squad Leader away. ( the dice, the dice )

Originally posted by AtillatheBun:

3) Has anyone noticed a AP round missing the target but brewing up a vehicle behind it ( I think this has happened in a game I was playing, and is what raised these questions.

this has never happened to me, but I remember other people reporting that they saw it happen.

I have seen both ricochets and shell breakups do damage to nearby infantry.

It is possible for an AP shell to miss, hit another, and knock out the second vehicle. In all my CM playing, I've seen it happen exactly once, so it's obviously a very rare occurrence, but it can happen.

CM does model a 'beaten zone' for MG fire, and to a lesser extent for other types of small arms fire. Therefore, MG fire at one squad will generally effect other infantry units sufficiently close by. This type of fire is much more likely to supress nearby infantry than it is to actually cause casualties, but it will sometimes actually cause casualties to untargetted units as well.

Cheers,

YD