Modders Anonymous... I think it's about time

Yes my friends, modding is a disease. I'm convinced of it. Last night I sat in front of the old Mac, fired up Photoshop, and before I knew it had made *more mods*! And I don't even remember doing it! :eek:

OK, it's not that bad, but sometimes I wonder if we shouldn't start a twelve-step group for modders that just can't stop. We can also start "Modanon" for co-dependent modsluts. smile.gif

What I've actually been trying to do is to re-upload all my mods to the new CMMODS.COM, but I'm finding little things here and there that just need "fixing", so it's ending up a much longer process that it should be.

Here are a couple previews of all-new mods that may get uploaded tonight (if I can stay focused):

I completely re-made the late-war Luftwaffe ground troops to reflect the increasing use of Heer uniforms and equipment as the war reached its end. In this new version troops wear field gray uniforms with LW insignia and swamp-pattern camouflage jackets. I retained LW uniforms for the officers, just to be different.

lw2.jpg

Next up are uniforms for late-war Heer mechanized troops, which I decided to change completely. I recalled seeing a photo of a Panzergrenadier wearing a gray assault gun wrapper and decided to see what it would look like in CM. It looks like this:

pzgr.jpg

I'll upload this mod, along with the camouflage-smock version that resembles the CM originals, tonight.

I also decided to use some of the new field gear that I drew up for my early-bird CMAK uniform mod,

(like this

pzgr2.jpg)

and I'll update as many of the German uniforms with them as possible before I upload them.

You say your a modslut LIKE IT'S A BAD THING! :D

YOU think YOU got problems, how about us poor "users" and "enablers" that cannot wean ourselves off of these great mods! :mad: I think I download mods more than I now play! I find solace and relief through beer.

I like the look of the mods but noticed that you do not have that splinter helmet cover for the Luftwaffe troops that you used before with your really cool blue uniforms. Will this remain as an option, or do I just have to save that bmp myself?

I must be sick in the head because I never download music or movies, just mods. I just remember my motto: "DOWN WITH LIQUOR!" :D

I think I can keep busy until then. The German uniform mods were the first ones I made, so there's room for upgrading them.

I've made a lot of progress in making uniform mods "from scratch", and at this point I feel I need to go back and make sure the German uniforms are up to snuff, and I have an excuse to do so as I upload everything to CMMods.com again. smile.gif

BTW, the LW and new improved late-war Heer uniforms are now posted. And yes, they've been updated from my last update that I made about a month ago, so go download them now!