Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I ***REALLY*** need help from some modders

Here's the list of mods left ot convert. All you need to do is log in, open the mod, select the unit info and save it. It only take a minute or two for each one.

I'd really like to get this done in the next couple days so I can move on to other things. I'm sure you can all understand. Thanks!

=============================================

I have fixed all I can for this group of modders. I can do no more and I'm waiting on them.

andrewtf 18

Canon 1

Gunslinger 1

JorgeMC 12

MikeT 6

MikeyD 4

Mr.Noobie 4

Old Dog 1

Panzer Ace 1

Panzermartin 2

---------------------------------------------

I have not tried to fix any of these yet, but will hopefully get to it this weekend. That doesn't mean I don't need your help, especially with the infantry mods.

Peiper1 1

Pud 1

r0tten 2

raiejaune 4

remgain 5

rksoldat 7

Saturnin 10

Scipio 4

Shatter 11

SonBae 1

Steve Jones 3

the real dd 2

Tom 2

Tracer 25

twodogs 3

Vader's Jester 1

von Lucke 1

Zigwied 3

Thanks for the help!

COG

[ September 19, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: ColumbusOHGamer ]

Hey COG -- I did manage to whittle down my stack of mods from 57 to 18! :D I'll try to get the rest updated this afternoon.

One issue with the way uniform mods are handled in the section where you check off what units are affected: most of the listings by nationality are initially broken down into categories like cavalry, mechanized, etc., Most of my mod sets include BMPs for all (or most) forces, so I'm finding that, for example with my German infantry mod, I have to list as *either* mechanized or infantry but there's no way to indicate both.

I hope that I'm making sense and not just rambling. :confused: smile.gif

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I hope that I'm making sense and not just rambling.

Andrew,

(Thank you so much for getting those converted. Whatever you can do helps me out a great deal!)

No, I completely understand. I had to make choice between forcing people to narrow the choices down or display ALL the infantry chekcboxes at the same time. I thought it would be too confusing for most to see 100+ choices of inf. to pick from.

Besides, I think if you u/l 2 seperate mod .zip files, it'll make it easier for people to manage which ones they want and don't want.

With the advent of McMMM, it'll be much better if the modders broke out their mods instead of lumping them into one big .zip file.

It's a LITTLE more work for the modder in having multiple u/l'ds, but will be much better for the user.

And I'm all about making the user happy! :D

COG

Originally posted by MikeT:

I tried to log on but my password is no longer working. The email I once had is long gone. Can you send me that password again so I can get the converting done?

MikeT

Send me an email ( cozog@cozog.com )as to what you want the password to be and I'll set it in about an hour or so. Thanks Mike!

COG

May I just say something? I know you modders enjoy doing mods and that's why you do them and you guys do do them extremely well, I might add

but you probably don't enjoy doing this type of work,although I not being a modder have no idea what it involves and can only guess it's dull and

boring work. Well my point is I just wanted to thank you guys for doing it. I know you must be doing this boring task and wondering if it's all worth it well if it means anything to you I for one greatly appreciate it and am sitting here on the sidelines rooting for you guys. I can't fully express my great admiration and respect for you guys enough. All I can say it Thanks guys. It is appreciated by all of us I can assure you.

COG,

I am at a lose trying to figure how to update the mod I did. I get to the correct page, but can t not figure out how to select the "Units Modded."

All I see is a single checkbox on the main screen and when I click the "Help Me" link it just shows a list of naming conventions...no clickable areas.

Not sure what I am missing here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I hope that I'm making sense and not just rambling.

Andrew,

(Thank you so much for getting those converted. Whatever you can do helps me out a great deal!)

No, I completely understand. I had to make choice between forcing people to narrow the choices down or display ALL the infantry chekcboxes at the same time. I thought it would be too confusing for most to see 100+ choices of inf. to pick from.

Besides, I think if you u/l 2 seperate mod .zip files, it'll make it easier for people to manage which ones they want and don't want.

With the advent of McMMM, it'll be much better if the modders broke out their mods instead of lumping them into one big .zip file.

It's a LITTLE more work for the modder in having multiple u/l'ds, but will be much better for the user.

And I'm all about making the user happy! :D

COG </font>