Mods in existing scenario?

I have a basic question about mods: I have installed some mods to use when playing a scenrio that I created before installing the mods.

But when I open the scenario, the mods are not used.

But if I create a new scenario, the mods are used.

I have tried exiting/launching CMBB and deleting and adding back the modded units, but it hasn't helped--still no mods.

I'm surprised that it works like this--am I doing something wrong?

Yep, something is amiss. Mods are time period related, so for example German uniforms have three periods Early (June 41 to April 42), Mid (May 42 to April 44) and Late (May 44 thru duration). So if you Modded the mid war uniforms and had a scenario in May 42 mod is there, but if you played another scenario in April 42 mod is not there. Etc.

DavidI

Thanks for the reply--I never knew that about mods... Does this also apply to vehicles--you would think that the mod would apply to a particular vehicle in all time frames in which it appears, but it sounds like it doesn't work like that.

Does this explain why some of the CMMODs mods are called something like "late war Pzkw XX"? I always thought that that meant it was a late war camo pattern, etc., not that it would only apply to late-war CMBB scenarios.

For the Germans regarding AFV's as your very likely aware, they had two main base color schemes during the war up into the spring of (1943) everything was in a greyish base color.

Staring in the spring of 43 they used a more yellowish base color.

This is reflected in CMBB, the change over in the game is March 1943 I believe.

There is a seperate hard-coded entity for both base colors.

So a stugIII-F in 42 will be a different AFV then one after March 43.

Also there seems to be a little confusion regarding the term early, mid and late reference in the naming of AFV's this states the point in time of the manufacture cycle of the entity, not a point in time period of the war.

Added in edit:

Actually I'm not sure if there is indeed two different hardcoded entities for grey and yellow, or if there is something set up in the coding to switch skins for each each base color.

But there is indeed two different sets of skins, one grey color and the other yellow.

[ March 10, 2006, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: DEY ]

Well, that explains it...I tried to mod an early Tiger in December 42, but the camo mod didn't replace the grey.

As I added above there is two different sets of BMP skins, one for the grey base color and one for the yellow base color.

So you could very well have grey tigers in 44 if you wanted, just renumber the grey set to the yellow number set and copy and overwrite the yellow set.

Or of course you could do that the other way around, have gelb camo'ed AFV's in 1942, actually I have done that with a few guns.

Which brings me to something I forgot, this same thing happens with the GUNs also.