one view, two view, red view, blue view...

Ok - I know that this has been mentioned before but I just tried a small QB against the computer (300 pts axis assault with +25% for the axis). I allowed myself to pick troops as the defender and let the computer pick for the axis. I set up like normal and then locked in on my frontal units in the "1" position and never left that view. What fun! I could hear tanks rolling up, or at least one tank, but without being able to lift the camera view for a "birds eye view" I was only able to get a rough idea of where it was based on my headphones (I don't use speakers) and tabing between units. When the tank did poke its head out it was my AT gun that spotted it first (lucky for me or the battle might have tuned out very differently).

I am in the middle of a QB with me as the axis assualting allied positions in the snow. A realtively flat field with a scattering of trees. Normally a pretty boring map that might result in me starting over again to try something more interesting. Hell no! By keeping the camera tabing around at the "1" view it is very exciting trying to figure out where the tracer fire is coming from and who is in those scattered trees.

I think it might be too tedious to play this way for larger maps with large numbers of units but I tell you this game has been revived for me with regards to playing the computer. Not since "a chance encounter" have I been so excited playing the computer!

Cheers,