NOWT Tournament - The End !

Greetings.

The NOWT final is over. Dr. J. has gallantly conceded both games and asked me to post the result.

Unfortunately for my valiant opponent he didn't realise what a gamey bastard I am and found the major flags in both maps occupied by tired but established troops waiting to gun his lads down as soon as they sauntered up. About 2/3 of the way through both games I had most of the flags under control and was killing his lot a bit faster than he was killing mine.

One map was especially favourable to my side in terms of early movement and once the bulk of my infantry was establised the war of attrition was always likely to go one way.

Anyway, thanks to Dr. J for being a great PBEM opponent and thanks to Lou again for organising this. I had a blast, even if the time the tourney took to complete took the edge off a bit.

Cheers

S.

P.S. Was there a prize ? smile.gif

[ December 21, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: SteveS ]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NOWT has finally come to an end. 10 months since I first posted to get players to sign up ....

NOWT

Congratualtions Steve .... Contact me via email and I'll sort out the details of the prize.

Dr Juzzy ... well done in getting to the final.

I'd like to say thanks to all those who took part and stuck with it for the duration. Including those, who like myself, were knocked out in the first round and those who managed to battle of a little longer.

Considering it the amount of time it took to get some of the results in and the overall lenght of the tournament, I'm grateful we had so few people drop out. Those who did, only did so for understandable and unavoidable reasons.

Thanks

Lou2000

.... Hmmmm that was NOWT Special ... I'm thinking maybe a NAFF Tournament (North African Fun Fest) somtime in the future. ;)

OK a final update. The NOWT Tournament final is over and SteveS has a copy of this book on its way to him ....

0304362581.02.MZZZZZZZ

Tobruk: Birth of a legend - Amazon.

That should get him in the mood for North Africa !

Thanks again to all who took part .... Including Dr Juzzy who earlier win the tournament was generous enough to offer a prize for the runner up .... well at least there won't be any postage on it :D

I have a few ideas for the NAFF that will again be a knockout tounament, but instead of individuals it will be teams of either 2, 4 or 6 depending on how many players are intersted.

.....I'll post more details in the CMAK fourm when its ready to start ... ALL NOWT players will be offered a place.

Thanks again.

Lou