Lost PBEM Password

I am trying to create a site of all the games that myself and 3 friends have played over the last 3 years. The problem is that I have some old saved end-of-game files and cannot get into them as I have forgotten the password and it has been 2 years since I played this games.

Not that I expect this but is there any way to see which password I had entered? I use a veriety of passwords to sometimes pass games in progress to the non-playing guy so he can see what we have been talking about.

If not, c'est le vie, but I would hate to forget the end-of-game points after having played this game for 4 months.

the masterful work in progress is located at

http://cmbb.cmak.googlepages.com/home

and the game I am really wanting to crack is "Royal Opponant". Do not be too harsh a judge as I have just been fooling around with Google Page Creator and this is what 5 hours gets you.

For similar reasons I joined Band Of Brothers because they have a great scoring annexe called the Bobster where all the games I play could/can be recorded.

I knew I played a lot but was amazed to see how quickly I racked up 100 games.

Of course I try to play using PBEMHelper in trusted mode where each e-mail is two movies and two order phases which means 37 turn games can be knocked off in a couple of weekends with little stress.

Also if you have lots of games on the go it makes life really easy in keeping track of all the games and whose turn it is.

BTW like what you have done!

Edit. Adding the password to the last filename could be a good idea : )

Thanks for the info. I tried to get a copy of PBEMHelper but it said that the website was no longer valid. Do both of you then have to use it for it to work?

I also have found remnants of games I think I have played with these guys but cannot for the life of me remember playing it. Just a file name and no way of looking at it. Probably from 3-4 years ago. I have really begun to enjoy this game in the last 2-3 years. PBEM is a life saver especially when I have a job, wife, kids and not much more than an hour per week to relax with Combat Mission.

Thanks for the feedback on the website. It was actually started by Robin (whom I think is the one poking his head out of the turret). Google Page Creator is OK but I have had a lot of problems with different browsers and was thinking that if I really want to pursue this, I should buy a commercial product wth more flexability.

http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/pbem.htm

seems still valid. The prog is still available by clicking on the alternative site. I have it anyway if that is down.

A couple of primers have been written by devotees

If both players have it then you can do the advanced stuff. However I would use it anyway because it really is incredibly useful just tracking games. It automatically files old moves and just show the current turn status on all the current games.