Test Results: IS-2s vs. Tigers on hills at 500m...

This is june '44, clear, not muddy, etc. The tigers are the middle model (Pz VIE) and the IS-2s are of the '44 early make. Both sides are Regular. So there is a 4-tank tiger platoon on hill A. There are two 2-tank IS-2 platoons behind the crest (out of sight) of hill B. I tested twice: the IS-2s hunt forward and shoot it out, and then I tested with the IS-2s using Shoot and Scoot.

The first test (hunting), the IS-2s crest the hill and both sides fire. The Tigers' superior optics give them the better shots; 2 IS-2s KO'd, one survived a turret ricochet, and one was not hit. The IS-2s all missed except for 1 immobilizing hit. I timed their reload time at 29 sec. During this time, another is KO'd, with two ricochets on the other. It fires again and brews up a Tiger, then is KO'd. The Tigers clearly won.

The second test (S&S) the IS-2s crest the hill en masse and both sides fire at once. 2 Tigers are instant kills and 1 IS-2 is KO'd, with one surviving a ricochet. The IS-2s reverse to reload in safety. They do so, then repeat for round 2. In this, the last 2 tigers are KO'd with first shot, and 1 bounces a shell off of a Russian turret. IS-2s win.

Observations: The IS-2s always just CLOCK the Tigers when they hit, brewing up or instantly killing. The Tigers seem to stand a 50-50 chance of a turret ricochet when the IS-2s are hull-down (both sides were). The Tigers have a better hit chance though. The key is to Shoot and Scoot en masse with the IS-2s, to negate the reload penalty. If you do this, IS-2s are at least a match for Tigers. Also, they don't try to reverse away before firing because they get to do that soon anyway. And the IS-2s cost 584 points to the Tigers' 714.

I dont think tiger 1`s need any help from superior optics at a distance from 500 meters..heck not only from 800m (example: bobby woll). At this distance you can target with a decent gun, thrue the barrel.

The better optics should come to play over 1000-1200 meters (in clear weather conditions).

Those scoot & shoot works only with cmbb and the "forgetting" TacAI. IMO, in reality, if the attacked tank is aware of an ennemy who popped every minute over this one crest...he doesnt need to find every shot the range...insteed of the s&s tank.