Review at PC-Gaming 4.5 of 5

Never run into this site before. Seems to be primarily a sight for action types but nonetheless the guy really liked CMBB, his gripes were minor.

I am starting to pay more attention to what typical games a site reviews and what scores they give to help get a feel for how bias/unbias their review of a game is that I am interested in. For perspective this same site gave GI Combat a .5 of 5, Medieval: Total War 4.5 of 5 and WarCraft III 5 of 5.

It is good when action sites give CMBB a thumbs up. Remember that there has to be a good deal of RTS junkies who are getting older (let's say 21+) and are startng to look for a more "mature" game.

CMBB models a real life battle like it says, admittedly, I’m not ex-military with a shaven head, a tattoo on my arm and a Doberman called Killer.
What a bizarre reference. :rolleyes:

When looking over the Multiplayer options, the one that shocked me the most was ‘e-mail’. You can take your turn, save the game to an e-mailable game file, then send it back to your opponent so that he/she can take their turn, and so on. Of course, this is going to take quite a long time. But if you’ve not got enough time per day to have a full, slow paced game online then it’s probably the best option. I’ve actually not seen an email option in a modern game.
Like Bobby says, "The times they are a changin' "