Nashorn mod request

Has anybody modded this beastie or would like to mod it? I am particularly after a winter version after reading about the exploits of Albert Ernst in Panzer Aces book and downloading HSG's scenario replicating some of his daring feats. The stock version is lame and the only mod i found on CMMods was a white make-over without additional detailing.

Thanks in advance if anyone wants to take up the gauntlet and i always appreciate the fine modding talents on this forum.

My suggestion would be the one done by Andrew fox.

I have it posted in the CMBO section at cmmods under my handle over there which is "daffy".

The file name is: AF_WW_Nashorn_Hummel.zip

You will need to change the numbers from 13370-13377 and 13741-13743

to

53370-53377 and of course 53741-53743.

Thanks for the mod pointer there Mr Dey !

..and Panther, i wanted to finish reading the Ernst article and get the winter Nas mod before tackling your scenario. I had created a QB for myself to simulate one of his actions, then i stumbled on your scenario..looking forward to it as i really enjoyed your earlier KC fights. Will post a report on the scenario depot when i finish.

Thanks guys.

To Panther, played the scenario, fantastic as always, the snow & mist adds brilliantly to the atmosphere and the cat&mouse tactics required. Unfortunately the borg spotting takes away some of the fun and realism but still managed some good hunting kills. I recommend this battle to anyone for the tension!

Possible Spoiler*

I bagged 11 tanks with my 3 plucky Nashorns but they all succumbed by turn 17 of 20.(But i only lost 1 crew member from each of **the AFV's). The village was under infantry contest at battles end.

Played on AI experience +2.

Originally posted by JaegerMeister:

To Panther, played the scenario, fantastic as always, the snow & mist adds brilliantly to the atmosphere and the cat&mouse tactics required. Unfortunately the borg spotting takes away some of the fun and realism but still managed some good hunting kills. I recommend this battle to anyone for the tension!

Possible Spoiler*

I bagged 11 tanks with my 3 plucky Nashorns but they all succumbed by turn 17 of 20.(But i only lost 1 crew member from each of **the AFV's). The village was under infantry contest at battles end.

Played on AI experience +2.

I have played this scenario and not lost a Nashorn with a CEB of +2. The way I accomplish that is to demonstrate with my infantry and get the Russian tanks attention then take them out with the Nashorns.

Timing is everything.

Ah, but isnt the mission 'to protect the grenadiers and allow them to re-instate a new MLR in the village'?...your method sacrifices them !

Also, in Ernst account, the enemy tank crews were outside their tanks when he first turned up!...not your fault i know ;)

I actually lost my first Nashorn to an enemy T34 that suddenly dived forward 100m from the road and hit me as i traversed into a firing position in the trees...aggressive sods.

Looking forward to playing again.

You can't protect them if you get the Nashorns killed. I've killed the T-34's and then gone into the village to capture flags with them in support of the infantry.

The trick is to let the infantry move into a position to be seen and then go into hiding. While the T-34's turn to face the infantry that they could see a bit ago the Nashorns move.

Timing can be a problem and I have lost squads pulling this little maneuver off. Break your infantry into half squads for the demonstration that way if you get one hit hard you only lose half the squad.