Town picture

Hi - when i'm playing BB at a relatively low sight level, all i can see in the background is some pretty poorly drawn buildings (or at least, they really don't fit in) - they are all brightly coloured (pinks, whites, yellow etc).

Is this a mod i've downloaded or part of the original? If it's a mod, how do i get rid of it? any idea? would much appreciate a positive response as it's driving me mad!

regards

Are you talking about what happens above the horizon line, or below it?

Everything above that line is part of a set of three different sky textures (N/S, E, and W). The sky sets vary with the time of day and the season.

I suspect you may be talking about the middle background. The middle background is the surface between the edge of the playing area and the horizon line.

I haven't looked into this in a while, but I think what the program does is that it picks one of your grass tiles and spreads it out over the entire map. The reason you're seeing squares is because the individual pixels are being magnified many times over.

I used to know which tile was getting used for CMBO, because when you messed with grass mods you had to make sure that what was on that tile was compatible with everything else in terms of base color. I don't remember which tile this was, but I'm sure if you can find one of the readme files that I wrote when I did the cmmos terrain editions, its probably in there. To find out for certain, just do a snow mod and keep replacing the tiles one by one with a green tile until the middle background changes color.

I've never bothered to try this with CMBB because I always assumed that it worked more or less the same way.

With one key difference, and this may be the solution to your problem.

The middle background changes character depending on whether you have your horizon set to infinite or 2500 meters. I like the look of the 2500 meters much better than the look of the infinite horizon, and I suspect you will too.