Patched version won't run.

I have installed CMBB in C:\Program Files\Combat Mission 2 as per default. I then run the version 1.1 patch first, installing it the same place (C:\Program Files\Combat Mission 2). The patch installs successfully according to the installer but when I double click the .exe icon for the version 1.1 game, I get a message telling me that the disk needs to be in to play the full version when the disk is in. I notice that there are 2 .exe files, one entitled CombatMission2.exe (original) and Barbarossa to Berlin.exe (patched version). The game will run if I double click the CombatMission2.exe but it will continue to be version 1.0. Nothing changes after I install the 1.2 patch either.

Seems to me this "new" .exe isn't working.

Ideas ?

Mylo

You have the CDV version and downloaded the American patch? The patch-files on this site won't

work with the CDV version and vice versa I would assume.

I'm pretty sure there is a link for the CDV version on the downloads page though.

Check what version you have and be sure to get the

correct patch.

No problem.

Unless you already got them: (found them in another thread)

http://gamesweb.com/pc/downloads/patches/detail.php?item_id=29252

http://gamesweb.com/pc/downloads/patches/detail.php?item_id=31315

If you have version 1.00 you need to get that one first, only one version availible, and then the "mutltilingual" 1.02 from the other url. 1.03 is a beta and it doesn't work for the CDV version

and probably won't until it's "non-beta".

For more info regarding the diffrent versions try a search on CDV, sucks, censorship and curse words of your own chosing smile.gif