Panzermartin: PZ 36-38t winter mods

All right!!! So the problem is NOT with MY computer! :D

I also have a T-38 hybrid--I call it the "seagull tank"--white head grey chassis. I THINK the problem lies here--the non-winter T-38 has two different hull chasses: #12161 and #15221. However, the winter mod (and I agree-a good looking mod too!) has only one: #62161. is THIS the reason? redface.gif I guess the computer gets confused?

Thanks for posting this topic--I was too reluctant to do so myself, after all, I am a cyber-idiot. ;) Would be nice to have an all white winterized T-38.

What happened was that in the original version of CMBB there was only one set of BMP's to cover all German versions of the Pz35 & 38; then in v1.01 or maybe 1.02 three new BMP's were added to change the hull side, hull top, and hull front for the 38(A) and 38(G). The 35 and 38(E) retained the original BMP's. Panzermartin's mod was done before the 3 new BMP's were added and has never been updated. So it is fine for the 35 and 38(E)but you get the three unwhitewashed BMP's on the 38(A) & (G). In fact I don't think there is any whitewashed mod that includes all the Pz35/38 BMP's in the current version of the game. Gordon Molek's whitewash lacks the new BMP's same as panzermartins. One solution is to renumber panzermartins side, top, front BMP's to give them the same numbers as the 3 new BMP's - then you get the mod for all the tanks but lose the accuracy and differentiation introduced by the three new BMP's. If anyone wants to do this get back here and I will give you the lowdown on what BMP's to re-number and what to renumber them to. (At work at the moment so don't have access to the info).

Cheers

• 1 month later...

So could someone tell me exactly what the above named bmps need to be renamed to make the mod work for all 3 variants, please & thank you.

I'm prepared to sacrifice a little accuracy in order to get a " non-Seagull " tank ( it would be nice to be able to use the 38(t)'s again ).

[ November 10, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks for helping me. I copied & renamed the bmps in the CMMOS mod that I had, renamed the winter Pz 38(t)A { grey } filelist ( added nos 65220, 65221 & 65225 to it ), altered the mod's rule file to reflect what I'd done. Now I've got the mod working for all 3 variants ( I can live with the minor inaccuracies - as long as I don't have a "seagull" tank - that really p*ssed me off!!!) :mad: .

I posted the procedure that I took to " fix " the mod so anyone else who's got it can fix it as well ( if they want to ). smile.gif