Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Need some help with modding.....

Wow I really like modding my own skins. So far I have done the following:

German Trench Coat guy

Japanese Naval Officer

Japanese Engineer

and Russian Black Sea officer.

A few things I have noticed is try not to add to many wrinkles or black spots. Nice smooth creamy colours turn out well. But I am finding it hard to find Japanese (or any faction) uniforms/squad pictures to base my clothing off of.

So I was wondering if there was a website that the skin modders use to get ideas for there clothing.

P.S. I have heard of something called the X2? engine or something like that. Because it would be really cool if I could mod the shape of the helmets. There pre-set sizes are ruining my style 

Cheers,

Erik

Just do an exhaustive search of any related terms you can think of. Are you using pictures of uniforms to create the mods or are you using them only as photo references? I started off using photos gleaned from the Internet to create mod BMPs and ended up making everything from scratch because in the end it was easier ;) .

This site's got excellent, straight-on photos of Japanese uniforms that you might find useful: http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Japanese/01Japanese2.html

Erikin,

"I have heard of something called the X2? engine or something like that. Because it would be really cool if I could mod the shape of the helmets. There pre-set sizes are ruining my style"

I strongly second that. I hope CMX2 will either allow you to, in effect, change heads or allow you to shape helmets/hats. I think Aussies in digger hats, Indians in turbans, Squad leaders in soft caps, Brit Para's in berets, etc. etc. would be great.

DavidI