The Raider Flag is Coming Down

Though a scenario section, since the Raiders have been contributing scenariso to this game for three years now, I felt you should be aware of this news.

Effective September 30th, the flag of the Wild Bill's Raiders is being taken down. The Raiders will officially be disbanded.

The individual teams working with the Raiders will continue. You can find their sites on the Wargamer.

They include:

Steel Panthers: The Arsenal Team

Combat Mission: Boots and Tracks

Squad Battles: The Squad Battles Team

Steel Beasts: The Steel Beasts Team

The four team captains, including the recently promoted Frank E-4 Harmon for Squad Battles have been great team players. They include in addition to Frank, the recently retired Louie "Gung Ho" Marsh, Bryan "Marauder" Melvin, and Eric "RnR" Myers. I cannot omit the name of Neil "Dingo" Stalker who has been all things for me in every situation: web designer, scenario creator, writer, and one of the most loyal friends a man could ever have.

In addition some 32 Raiders serving with these teams have given their best.

Six years ago almost to the day, Wild Bill's Raiders came into being. The original seven have gone except for me. We have in that time supported the beta development of over a dozen wargames, done over 1,000 scenarios and campaigns and participated in the development of three of the four mega-campaigns.

When the Raiders began there was no such thing. There were not to my knowledge small independent teams working together to enhance various wargames on the market. From humble beginnings to having set a precedent in the hobby that is now mirrored all over the world, the Raiders have done their job, and done it well.

So a salute to my fellow team members. Thank you all. You did well. To David Heath and David Landrey, who gave me my chance in the hobby, a profound vote of gratitude. Without David Heath allowing me to post scenarios and articles to the old "Gamers Net" site, I might have remained in the shadows. No man has supported me more than old "Sergeant Rock."

And to you dear friends, who have loyally supported the Raiders in every effort, I am so appreciative.

So an era comes to an end.

What about me? Will I just "fade away?" Not likely. We are just putting the finishing touches on our Newest Mega Campaign (see the announcement) and I've completed 12 scenarios for the upcoming Combat Mission: Afrika Korps.

There is still a lot I want to do. I won't fade away at all. I still love wargaming. I still enjoy all of your and your friendship. I'm not going anywhere, just looking to using my meager creative talents for new scenarios and games.

Again, thank you all. The Raider helmet now goes to posterity. I hope the memory of what we have done will remain for a long time. It was worth, wasn't it, Raiders?

Wild Bill

Wild Bill Wilder

Founder, Wild Bill's Raiders

"In Arduis Fidelis"