Curious - CMBO/CMBB SE manuals?

I have both the standard CMBO and CMBB editions purchased over the Internet. Both have well written manuals produced on quality paper/binding at a readable point size.

However, I have the following questions regarding the SE CMBO and CMBB packages:

(1) Do they come with printed manuals?

(2) Are the printed manuals the same both in terms of content and production as what was offered with the standard editions of these games?

---

I am asking because I recently received a new game with one of those small manuals with a miniscule point size. I have come to the conclusion that the quality a manual's content tends towards increasing irrelevance the smaller it shrinks. It the old days, games came with well written manuals that were well produced. They tended to be read multiple times and with each reading enhanced the game experience.

These days the manuals tend to be of limited utility for game play as they often incomplete or inaccurate. Also, their production is such that after struggling through the initial reading, it is likely to be filed away someway. Ultimately, the game learning curve gets addressed by the larger community on the Internet as the player clan passes accumulated wisdom to new initiates.

---

So, I was curious what BTS is doing with their retail packaging. In any case, the CMBO/CMBB standard edition manuals were well written and produced. My complements to BTS/BFC and Martin for demonstrating that quality is not simply a passing thought that occurs while scrambling to bring a product to market.

Thanks.

I have the original manuals for both CM:BO and CM:BB. I've recently purchased the Special Edition versions of both (before the bundle was offered..oops, :eek: didn't see that coming...). The manuals accompanying the SE versions are about 1/3rd smaller in overall dimensions and the font sizes are accordingly smaller.

The CM:BO SE manual fell apart the day I received the game :mad: , so I threw it away after I checked it against the original and found no changes.

The manual that came with the CM:BB SE version seems to be of higher quality (though smaller, as previously noted).

I haven't noticed any difference in terms of content in either set.