Game replay

I would like to replay the entire game. Is there a way to do this? or a utility that would alow me to replay the entire game. I think this would be very helpfull to a "green" player and actually a lot of fun. Perhaps a suggestion to be included to the new Afrika game. (My wife has always wanted to go there.) I use a mac ibook if you know of a program for this

Cheers G.

If you have a camera or another computer, you could capture the movies and place them in 1. It's an idea I was thinking about to lately. With some video-editing software you could create your own small war-movie smile.gif

Tip: If you play against AI, save your turn every time before clicking on the 'GO' button. If you name those files after the battle's turn, you always can recall the movies for playing.

icon_bbs.gif Eichenbaum

[ July 06, 2003, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Eichenbaum, not exactly right.

If you "replay" movies vs AI battles this way, the outcome of the movie/turn is different every time !

This game trick is used ( can you imagine some guys NEED this trick ? ) by some bastards (hehe) to defeat the AI.

( ok, i confess: I...i.....have used this once or twice LONGGGGGGGGGG time ago )

redface.gif

Monty

Originally posted by Monty:

Eichenbaum, not exactly right.

If you "replay" movies vs AI battles this way, the outcome of the movie/turn is different every time !

This game trick is used ( can you imagine some guys NEED this trick ? ) by some bastards (hehe) to defeat the AI.

( ok, i confess: I...i.....have used this once or twice LONGGGGGGGGGG time ago )

redface.gif

Monty

Yes, I know Monty. There're a lot of tricks possible with replaying battles and turns. (Such as picking a day with nice weather by re-starting the setup untill you have the weather of satistaction). But I can't see any other way to save the scenes when playing a human vs. AI battle.

That's why a camera or another PC is an option, capture the live pictures and do your own directors cuts :D

icon_bbs.gif Eichenbaum

Instead of replaying the whole movie for each turn, would it be possible to have the game record a static snapshot of the situation at the start of each turn? Going through these, and seeing what you saw compared to what the other chap saw, would be almost as good for analyzing your strategy as a full movie would be. And it would take up a lot less space; perhaps little enough to fit into CMAK?