Noob problems

Hello all you vets out there. I just discovered this game series the other day when I was on Gamespots Top PC Games and I tried it out for the first time with my friend in MD, I live in VA. He was over for a sleepover and so we did a TCP/IP game (i got 2 computers). The adress was simple, 192.168.1.100 for me and .101 for him. I don't know how to make it so when he goes home to MD, we can still play. It says my IP is still 192.168.1.100 when I start a game and when I go find my computers invidual, off-network IP, it doesn't work. Please help! I'm sure this must be possible! I have a Linksys Router.

I also have two IP addresses on my computer. I have a 192.168.x.x number for my internal network. I have an externally visible IP from my cable modem. (In Windows 2000, I have two LAN connections, one for each network.)

When I load CM and host a TCP/IP game, the game tells me both my internal and external IP. Then I can just tell my opponent the correct one and he can connect. I've never had any problems connecting.

Based on this, I would suggest that if CM is only giving you your internal IP when you host a game, there is probably a more global issue with your network config than CM. Have you tried ipconfig to get more info about your network setup?

Dr. Rosenrosen