Shoot and Scott in CMBO

While this is not an "order option" in CMBO, can you mimic this CMBB order in CMBO.

I'm new to the game system and was thinking that a combination of move or fast move, then target, then move might work. I guess the target would have to be in my LOS first, though. Has anyone come up with a method for executing a shoot and scoot maneuver? :confused: Thanks for the help. smile.gif

Best way to do it is to use the "Pause" command so that the tank reaches the "shoot" location right at the end of the turn. Then, at the beginning of the next turn, you can order the tank to "scoot" away, but with command delay, the tank will usually get 1-2 shots off before moving.

There is another option, that works especially well American tanks that have Gyrostabilizers (chiefly Shermans and Stuarts). CMBO probably overmodels the ability of Gyrostabilizer-equipped tanks to fire accurately while moving. As such, if you give a Sherman a "Fast" order, followed by a short "Move" order (or even just a waypoint with a significant direction change that will require the tank to rotate for a few seconds), and then another "Fast" order, chances are that it will get off at least one good shot while executing the "Move" order that will have a reasonable hit chance.

Cheers,

YD

To Yankee Dog:

Thanks for the answer. What about this (will it work?):

Pause order, Fast Move ("turn 1"); Target/Fast Move away ("turn 2"). Will the tank execute the move order on turn 2 after firing at the selected target or target area? In other words, will the tank fire for a certain amount of time before moving away?

Originally posted by JJL:

To Yankee Dog:

Thanks for the answer. What about this (will it work?):

Pause order, Fast Move ("turn 1"); Target/Fast Move away ("turn 2"). Will the tank execute the move order on turn 2 after firing at the selected target or target area? In other words, will the tank fire for a certain amount of time before moving away?

Yes, this is basically what I outlined in above as the first option, but with the addition of a manual target order. This will work so long as the command delay is long enough to get a shot off. Practically speaking, this means that so long as the tank crew is Veteran experience (8 sec. command delay, I think) or less, they will usually get a shot off before starting to move. With Crack or Elite crews, you might have a problem since their command delay is very short.

Cheers,

YD