How to prevent mortars from changing HQs

I'm asking the following question actually playing CMBO but I think in CMBB it is the same. If not, please gods of this forum move me to the CMBO forum.

What I want to know is, if there is a way to tell my onboard mortars to stay in command with one HQ and ONLY with that HQ? E.g., when I set up a defense with a platoon HQ spotting and 2 mortars behind to shell advancing troops (in command of course), it happened a lot of times to me that when I move another platoon of infantry to the frontline, that platoons HQ takes over the command of the mortars. That's of course not what I want because the arriving HQ most of the times can't see a thing and my spotting HQ can't order the mortars to fire indirectly anymore. How can I prevent this ?

If there is no way to prevent this, then it's maybe a subject for the engine rewrite ;) .

Originally posted by moneymaxx:

If there is no way to prevent this, then it's maybe a subject for the engine rewrite ;) .

Yes to the if, yes to the then.

If it makes you feel any better, it drives me nuts too; they've said it's 'too tough to fix for now', or similar expressions. You just have to learn to keep your HQs at arm's length- sometimes it seems impossible, I know, but you've got two years to practice. Hth,

Eden