Does axis bonus affect global moral?

I have no idea, but it shouldn't be that hard to test. I'd love to know the outcome if you do run a test.

That said, my guess is no. I believe that it only impacts the Victory Point calculations at the end of the game. Otherwise, you might end up with some strange morale calculations (>100 or something). On the other hand, someone has been talking about a points used on fortifications being calculated as casualties bug, so maybe VPs work in mysterious ways as well.

If I'm right and it doesn't help, you have a couple of choices. You can up the quality of the defender, up the fanaticism percentage to make them hold out longer or cunningly use reenforcements.

Little known morale nugget: Autosurrender will never occur if there are reenforcements due. Just give the defenders one LMG scheduled to arrive in the last turn and your problem is solved (sort of). Your new problem is that they will never go down!