I Was A Good Little CM:B2B Newbie

I've been playing CM:BO on and off for ...hrmm.. Five years? In all that time i've been playing the demo (yes really) but never had the full verision.

So last night i figured I'd check out the 'Ol battlefront site, and OMG... there is a CM Update? Barbarossa to Berlin?

Yay!

I never played CM enough all in one stretch to ever really get good at the strategy. But im back again. Yay.

Having said that. I have a few questions:

1. I assume that CM:Barbarossa To Berlin is what , was back in the day refered to as "CM2" ?

2. For CM:BO there were SEVERAL very detailed breakdowns of the strategy for each of the Demo missions. I just spent a half hour using the search feature on the message board, searching for the word "demo" and have yet to find a similar post for the CM:B2B demo. I really could use some commentary on such a thing, but dont want to ask the idiot newbie questions, if such a thread already exists. Linkage?

CBMM Strategy

I think there is an asumption, that perhaps i know my head from my ass, having been "around" for many years. I really dont.

What im looking for, is a breakdown of strategy ideas used, in each of the Demo senarios.

There were long, detailed posts about such things for the CM:BO demos.

Are you saying that , in some sense the CMBB demo is not sort of "worthy" of that same type of breakdown?

kind of. But I found the demo scenarios cool.

Search again with the keywords "Yelnia Stare" and (I forget the other ones). Someone will post with 'em.

There must have been three thousand posts in two days about those three demo scenarios. You'll find 'em.

smile.gif

Gpig

EDIT: It's just that the demo scenarios do no justice to the quality of the game. They are cool, but the game is just so much better than the demo's would lead you to believe.

Just go ahead and get the whole game, willya! smile.gif

Gpig

[ January 13, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Gpig ]

hi Troy Spiral,

you waited too long!

in the CMBB demo, there are 3 "demo" type games, like the earlier poster, it is meant to showcase the different features of CMBB as compared to CMBO.

Demo Tutorial

Russian Combined vs Germans infantry in a 2:1 force ratio. Read the text file which comes with the demo on how to win this tutorial.

Citadel Schwerpunkt

A sample battle of Kursk. Armor incursion into Russian steppes.

Yelnia Stare

Weakened Germans defending against a combined Russian Battalion. You need a fast computer for this scenario.

For further readings, you should try the Scenario Depot (http://ns9.super-hosts.com/~dragonlair.net/combatmission/), also, if you are a CMBO fan, you should check out the "Chance Encounter" conversion to CMBB, also found in the Scenario Depot.

cheers and Good Luck!

There is something to consider in why there is little discussion of the BB demos compared to the BO demos. The BO demos were out for a long time before BO was judged by its makers to be in fit shape to be released. For that amount of time (9 months? a year? I forget) they were all an avid fandom had to play and discuss. Thus, every possible angle and nuance got talked about.

The BB demo was out for only something like six weeks. After the complete game was released, only a few people continued to play the demo and there was not a lot of detailed discussion of it. There was some however, and a search should turn up some tips that will at least get you started. Anyway, I think you can get some fun from trying to figure them out, especially the two larger scenarios.

Michael

thanks for the CM:BO vs CM:BB ideas Mike.

I did do some searching, The Citadel mission that im working on currently i did find a -few- posts covering the subject, but only a very few. Goes off to see what the text file has to say.

*also references his CM2 comment in the inital post*

thanks again guys.